Once your Config Bundle is ready to go, you can distribute and deploy it in any Monogram Creator installation.
There are two options for loading your Config Bundle into the end-user's Monogram Creator.
- 2.Automatic: Place your Config Bundle in our app data directory. Creator will automatically load all valid and signed Config Bundles in this directory.
- Ideal for applications with a small user-base
- Provides the ability to frequently update and test new Config Bundles
- Does not require involvement from Monogram
- Additional manual steps required for end-users to enjoy your application with Monogram
- A small beaker icon will be shown next to your Config Bundle indicating that it was "Community Developed"
Follow instructions in the tutorial to manually load a Config Bundle. Once the Config Bundle was manually added by the user in their list of Integrations, Creator will load it automatically on startup.
- Ideal for applications with a large or diverse user-base
- Provides frictionless experience for your customers as your application will show up in Monogram Creator "magically"
Follow the instructions below to enable your Config Bundle to automatically load by Creator.
Your config bundle directory should be named in the format of
com.example.myapp, matching your application's
idas defined in
To ensure consistency of customer experience, Creator checks that contents of the Config Bundle is signed by a recognized developer before automatically adding that Config Bundle into the application.
You will receive an RSA private key from us.
Before continuing, please ensure your config bundle directory is named in the format of
Open Monogram Creator, go to Help -> Developer Tools -> Sign Integration. Select your Config Bundle directory, then select the private key file you received. Now, notice that a new file called
signature.txthas appeared inside your Config Bundle. Your Config Bundle has just been signed.
For developers wishing to perform the signature step in their CI environment, a standalone tool for generating
signature.txtis also available. Download the Monogram Integration Signing Utility (
monogramsign) and consult the included Readme for details.
Monogram Integration Signing Utility is available for:
The signature process must be performed after any changes to the contents of your Config Bundle (
Place your signed Config Bundle in the user's application data folder:
That's it! Creator watches this directory and should automatically load your integration. No need to restart Creator.
If your application does not show up in the "New Profile" tab, go to Preferences -> Integrations and check for any error messages. The problematic Config Bundle will appear as "Unknown App" and hovering over the red dot will reveal additional information.
Preferences > Integraions
- For developers of applications that do not have disk write ability, we are investigating methods for you to transmit the Config Bundle to us over a WebSocket connection. Please let us know your use case so we can design the best API for everyone.